Monday, August 11, 2008

Little Gasparilla Island...

We just got back from our vacation. We went to Little Gasparilla Island again...we really just love this place. As you can tell from several of our pictures it is not very discovered yet and we really enjoy having the beach to ourselves. Some of the highlights from this vacation: On our way over to the Island via boat we saw dolphins so "Captain Dick" went over to them and they started jumping out of the water..of course I did not have my camera. We collected over 100 more sharks teeth and about 100 sand dollars. The kids really enjoyed diving for them and truth be known so did Jason and I. It did take me a little bit to get comfortable in the water, I am not quite as fearless as I used to be.

Now that we are home we are in back to school mode...school starts back on August 18th...the kids are really excited about school, their teachers, and who is in their class! I am still waiting to hear what is available to me (Lakin is changing schools)...so thus far I do not know if I will be going back to work or not. I will say that I really hope so because I really enjoyed working with the kids! I will keep you posted as I know more...


3 comments:

Frances Vineyard said...

HOW FUN! I love the music too!! Yes, we would love to swim, call me tomorrow!

Whitney said...

I laughed out loud when I heard the Chipmunks "Surfin USA" music. How funny. Wish we had gone too :)

Sara said...

Anna went crazy when she heard the music:) I love the video where the kids are buried in the sand!